I have a pair of OOFOS OOAHHs, and I live in them.
So when I was offered a pair from their new OOlala line to review, I couldn't say no. I was a little worried, though, because I have a history with thong-style sandals.
The whole rubber between the toes thing is usually pretty icky.
I requested the Cosmic Blue pair, pictured here.
I decided to spend more time in the shoes to be confident in my review, since the OOAHHs took a few weeks to break in.
OOFOS is proud of their patented footbed for its "tremendous arch support" and I agree. It's the first thing I noticed when I slipped the shoes on, especially in my left foot. I have fairly flat feet and my left side in general is just weaker than my right. I get especially tight, and I noticed the OOlala sandal stretched out the muscles all through the middle of my foot.
I don't expect that to be everyone's experience, but it was mine.
Here's my breakdown:
1. The supportive, yet cushiony sole.
2. The miraculously comfortable thong that fits snugly between your toes without cutting into your foot.
3. They also haven't slipped at all, which is a concern I have for untethered shoes.
4. They are definitely not just for running recovery. If you have pain in your feet, legs, hips, I would suggest looking into the OOFOS line. They have lots of supportive shoes.
5. They're just really comfy.
Some comfy shoe time with a photo bomb by April.
1. They say they upped the style factor, but really these are still rubbery foam sandals and don't exactly go with my work clothes.
The bottom line is that I really like the OOFOS line of shoes and the OOlalas did not let me down.
They get the Thumbs Up from me:
You can check out the OOFOS OOlalas directly, or any of their other products on their main site, OOFOS.com. The OOlalas retail for $59.99 and come in several different colors. They're also sold on amazon.com, roadrunner.com, and other shoe retailers.
UPCOMING POSTS: SPEED SWIMMING, SPEED RUNNING